Friday, May 26, 2017

How to clean a plastic incubator

How to clean a plastic incubator
If you're anything like me I'm sure you've had hatching eggs in your incubator for weeks now. I have a tendency to hatch back to back, but even so every once in awhile I need to take a break and clean the incubator. A dirty incubator is a breeding ground for bacteria which can cause your hatches to fail. None of us want that to happen! So technically the best thing to do is to clean your incubator between every set of hatching eggs. I know it's hard to put off chicks but for the sake of your hatches, sometimes you have to do it. We'll try to get this cleaning thing done as quickly as possible!

cleaning | incubator

Today I want to talk about cleaning plastic incubators. I've already discussed How To Clean Your Styrofoam Incubator and they are quite different. Styrofoam is a lot more porous and has more crevices for bacteria to hide in, so you need to use stronger cleaning products then with this nice smooth plastic that simply wipes clean.

I'm going to show you my incubator cleaning procedure for two different Brinsea incubators, the Mini Eco and the Octagon. This same method can be used for any similar incubator. These just happen to be the ones I have. It's really quite simple, it doesn't take very long and you only need a few supplies so let's get started.
Read more »
How to clean a plastic incubatorwas originally posted by Favorite Chicken Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment