Friday, August 18, 2017

How I saved $450 on chicken feed last year

How I saved $450 on chicken feed last year
A few years back I wrote a post about my farm expenses for the year. In those expenses I had spent a whopping $1140 for feed! That is a lot of money for chicken feed! Of course you can't have chickens without feeding them so it is a necessary expense.

I love to save money and I knew I could do better so I set out to save at least half of my feed bill. Unfortunately, I failed. I only managed to save about $450. However I did learn a lot in the last 2 years and by using these methods, I'm on track to save over half of my feed bill for this year! 

save money on chicken feed

I implemented 3 different changes for feeding my flock and they have helped me buy 24 less bags of feed per year. That is over a half a ton of feed! Granted, most people don't feed 80 chickens and guineas like I do, but my methods can help you save money no matter what size flock you have.
Read more »
How I saved $450 on chicken feed last yearwas originally posted by Favorite Chicken Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment