Sunday, August 27, 2017

Take a Peek at our Week - August

Take a Peek at our Week - August
We've just started picking ripe tomatoes from the garden, but already I can tell that fall is in the air. The nights are cooling down to near 40 degrees, so I potted some of my smaller basil plants and brought them inside and clipped others and have them in water on the kitchen windowsill. My basil always is the first to succumb to the cold, and I'm not quite ready to give up my caprese salads for lunch yet!
We've harvested all the beets, potatoes and garlic, but still have peppers that need to ripen, along with corn, pumpkins and butternut squash. The chickens have started molting, the ducks are also molting, and egg production has slowed considerably. The Littles are in the coop with the big girls now and everyone is sorting out the sleeping arrangements. We're so enjoying the cooler nights - it makes for such good sleeping! Monday we did another photo shoot for my new book, which was so much fun. I can't wait to see the proofs from that. Oh, and I baked a blueberry pie using local Maine blueberries. Enjoy this peek at our week.
 



















If you enjoyed these photos, I hope you'll join me on Instagram so you don't miss a single thing all week!

Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter so you get my weekly blog posts delivered right to your inbox!
 photo 200-fed-logo-with-signature_zpspmkezsch.jpg

Join me here
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTubeBloglovin' |Google+
©2017 by Fresh Eggs Daily, Inc. All rights reserved.

Take a Peek at our Week - Augustwas originally posted by Favorite Chicken Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment